Camp Educator (Part-time)
The Stamford Museum & Nature Center is will be hiring Two (2) Part-time Camp Educators, working Monday-Friday from 9:00am-1:00pm to work with our Art & Nature half-day camp for campers entering grades 1-4. These positions will report to the Summer Camp Director.
The summer camp season runs from June 21 - August 11, 2017. Staff training will be held on June 21-22, 2017. Both camp programs serve approximately 150 students in over a six week period. The goal of our camp programs is to provide quality and innovative environmental education experiences using the various resources of the SM&NC, within a camp atmosphere.
- Co-teach and structure activities for a group of 12-16 (1st grade, 2nd-4th grades) campers within weekly camp theme
- Help promote responsible environmental education and create activities that support SM&NC mission
- Help ensure health and welfare of all campers
- Aid in planning and supervising campers in our optional Lunch Bunch program
Compensation: $250-$350/week (part-time), depending on experience
- 18+ years of age
- experience with working with children in an outdoor setting is a plus
- creativity, enthusiasm, and flexibility a must
- ability to commit to entire camp season
- experience working with plants/animals/farm also a plus
- must submit a current (within 3 years) physical form before the start of camp
- Candidate must past a background check
Send letter, resume and 2 references to (e-mail preferred):
Director of Education
Stamford Museum and Nature Center
39 Scofieldtown Road
Stamford, CT 06903
Overbrook Nature Center Gift Shop Manager - Part Time
Responsible for supervising employees and running the store at a profit. Attracting customers and moving merchandise by offering mission based products and services that satisfy the customers. Greets museum visitors, provides information about the museum. Inspects gift shop for cleanliness, safety and security.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Merchandising: Includes buying and selling, receiving and transporting goods, inventory control and conducting physical inventory of merchandise. Fills special orders.
- Store Operations: Includes hiring and training personnel, store policies, receives, evaluates and responds to customer requests and complaints.
- Accounting and Bookkeeping: Maintain current pricing log of all merchandise for reference, keep vendor records of orders and process invoices for payment.
- Advertising and Promotion: In-store display, website and NEXT. Plans promotional activities.